Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We're not in North Carolina anymore, Meli.

California has already been a great state to live in. Granted, we have only seen a few of its beauties, they are still a worthwhile sight to see. California's beautiful beaches and scenery aren't the only thing that make it well-known. People also know it as a left-leaning state. Ha! Well, we have seen a couple things that lead to that idea.

On a bathroom door...






Hmmm...



The 4th of July Parade in Monterey was a great parade. Unsurprisingly, there were equal amounts of peace-loving organizations to balance out the military in the area. Don't get me wrong, I do want peace and I do love peace, but not at any cost, and definitely not the same way they want to achieve it.

There were probably 3 or 4 peace organizations taking part in the parade. My favorite, yes I will call them "crazies" due to their actions and attire, was Code Pink. Yep, they made an appearance and for some reason this guy was with them wearing...


a tutu and boa.


I cannot even begin to imagine this in a parade in the south.

I love the south and am enjoying California. Yet, there is a very clear difference in what I like between the two.

I have appreciated observing families from different cultures sharing a dinner together at a restaurant. I do like hearing several different languages read over the intercom at the airports. There is a line though that California seems to dance around, whether it is gender issues, means to a peaceful world, or immigration laws.



Just as long as they are dancing in pink tutus and boas...

: )

4 comments:

Daniel said...

?What's a boa?

Maryn said...

So glad you don't know. You may learn soon though if our little girl has a drama flair like her mama.

Mom G. said...

I have a boa. Daniel just never saw it. Came with something I ordered from Frederick's of Hollywood. "-)
I, too, am glad he does not know what it is or never wears one like the fellow in your picture.

momma said...

Boa - Any of various large, nonvenomous, chiefly tropical snakes of the family Boidae, which includes the python, anaconda, boa constrictor, and other snakes that coil around and suffocate their prey.

;-)