Friday, July 03, 2009

Exploring Downtown


We had a nice evening in downtown Monterey. It was a little bizarre leaving the house with jackets, but I am very thankful we did. It was a chilly night. Yes, it was June when we were out and about. It is still sinking in with me too that it can be this chilly in California.

The walk along Cannery Row is nice; full of people, mostly tourists, but nice. There are several beds of gorgeous flowers to admire.



Several of the restaurants have servers out front offering samples of clam chowder. That was one of my favorite aspects of the evening. (I love clam chowder, New England style.) One of them sold us so we had dinner at Louie Linguine. We had a nice view of the ocean and shared a delicious seafood pasta dish. I am a big fan of date night with Daniel.

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Yea! I have been there :)
...and we will go again when I come to visit!

Mom G. said...

Maryn, what a lovely seaside picture of you and Daniel.