Thursday, July 09, 2009

Sunday Church and Walking Among the Fishies

We visited another church on Sunday morning. It was our third visit to area churches. We still have some looking to do though. It is hard when you leave an amazing church like Berean. It is so easy to compare everything. Please pray that God gives us the right heart and mind to find a place we can best serve and glorify Him.

After the church visit we grabbed some lunch at a cute cafe in Monterey and met the Mooneys at the aquarium.

WOW! I am glad we went. It is amazing and so beautiful. It was high on my list of things to do in the area and I was so happy to join with some friends to go explore it. We liked it so much we became members. I can just see myself pushing Violet around in a stroller and gazing at all the amazing sea creatures. (Yes, I think Violet is the final name. We love it.)

The jellyfish may have been my favorite but it is hard to say. I didn't get many good pictures. The place was crowded with so many people in town due to the holiday and the fact that it is a stellar aquarium. People flock to it like crazy. I aim to get some better pictures in the next few visits.





We took our time exploring the exhibits, but I can't wait to go back and just sit and gaze at these creatures. So delicate and foreign to everything else in creation. So amazing. I pretty much want to sit and gaze at everything in there.


Here we are amongst the fishes and some shark.


The kelp exhibits were pretty neat too. The camouflage on some fish makes it so difficult to find among the plants.

One last group photo for the weekend:







The Mooneys left that afternoon and headed to their new home in San Francisco. How special that we are living so close now! Looking forward to their next visit.


Big bonus with our new membership to the aquarium: We have two guest tickets to share with anyone we please. So not only is there a bed waiting here in our home for visitors, we also having something besides oohing and ahhing over Violet to do. I know that some people can only do that for about 10 seconds anyway. I don't want you to have a boring visit. You can leave the oohing and aahing to us and go to the aquarium. Sound good...okay. Book your tickets now. :)


The octopus is waving goodbye.

5 comments:

Momma said...

Well, I am looking forward to the aquarium!

The pictures were nice and I am so glad you got to spend some time with the Mooney's.
XXOO

Sandy said...

Cool pics of the aquarium, is it as nice as the one in Baltimore?

Lolly said...

I am so glad you got to go to the aquarium - as you know, Kris and I have been to so many all over, and this is truly one of the most memorable ones. I just loved the kelp forest, the otters, the sardines... so amazing.

Great photos with Mark and Amaya too. It's wonderful that you are so close now. You two have to go visit them in SF! You will love it there :)

Can't wait to come and visit! ...but you already knew that, didn't you?

I can't get over how much you look like momma in these photos - I think it is the short hair too :) We have a pretty mom - lucky you!

...someone's birthday is *very* soon! :D

Mom G. said...

Nice aquarium pictures. I want to go there, too. I like the octopus and the jellyfish are so mysterious. Cute little seahorse, too.
...someone's birthday is in a FEW hours.... OH Yeah!!!!

CLR said...

Awesome pics Maryn. To think that's in our backyard. Happy Birthday!!