Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cravings

Yes, I have a had a few this pregnancy. Currently, I want anything cold and sweet. This includes any and all kinds of popsicles, but give me the cheap ice-pops and I am happy. Last night Daniel and I were reading on the love seat in our family room and he leans over and sticks his hand in the cushion crevice. He pulled out an ice-pop sleeve. I felt like a 4 year old. I must have forgotten to throw it away and it made its way there. :)

This craving also makes itself evident when we are out and about. I love Slurpees!! Anytime I see them I crave them. I often give into the craving. I figure it has minimal fat, there could be worse cravings, ice cream, potato chips...I know it can be bad to eat all the sugar too, but I have always been a candy girl so that is nothing new to my diet. Target even puts them on sale sometimes...those are dangerous days for the kids in line after me. You know I have to get the large size.







It isn't even hot here, but they are oh so good.


(Yes, Mom, I look just like you. :))

6 comments:

Lolly said...

Slurpee Sister! :) You should make some fruit smoothies or natural popsicles in the blender - you could use an ice cube tray or the little popsicle things at Target. Are you eating lots of grape-flavored popsicles for Baby Violet? :P she will come out purple!!

xoxo

CLR said...

you're a naughty girl!

Sandy said...

Yummy! I love slurpees too! Especially cherry....and Coke...and lime..I guess I just like them all!

Momma said...

You're going to make our little Violet, a little eskimo. I love fruit slushees and icees! Always have. You;ve always been an ice chewer, just don't break your pretty teeth. At least, you are not having a salty food craving...

The popsicle sleeve in the loveseat cushion was a hoot! XXOO

sktownshend said...

okay. so I am NOT pregnant and I whine for a slurpee everytime we pass 7-11. They always advertise a new flavor- this week it is Liquid Artillery (G.I. Joe Movie). I get that that doesn't sound THAT good but I bet it is.

I love you :) You do look like Mom- but a wonderful person to look like!

Marie said...

Oh, my goodness, Maryn ... you DO look so much like your mom in this picture. I can't think of anyone prettier to look like. You've been "extra-blessed" because you have your mom's sweet, sweet spirit too.