Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Palo Alto Visit and Friends

Last week was an eventful week. I chatted with my friend, Amaya, a friend from Hawaii, on Monday and we decided to meet up on Tuesday. (Nothing like last minute plans). Amaya and her husband recently moved to Palo Alto, CA (just south of San Francisco) to start a new season of life. Marc got out of the Marine Corps and will be starting up at Stanford in less than a month. All in all this means we get to live in close proximity again. They are just and hour and a half up the road. I had nothing planned for Tuesday so I journeyed up there.

It was a beautiful day and we started out our day together by going to a local garden, right up the road from their new home. We snapped a few good pics.


Some violets for our Violet.



Amaya and I


Marc and Amaya


This is in the rose garden part and I believe this is clematis. It was so pretty climbing up this iron structure. I hadn't seen red clematis before, only purple and white.


After the garden we got lunch at a new favorite of Marc and Amaya's. It was very good and in true friendship we all shared food to enjoy everything ordered. The first time Daniel and I went out with Marc and Amaya in Hawaii we talked about food sharing and how we were all comfortable with it. It was good to share again. :)

We spent the afternoon cruising Ikea and chatting at their home. It was a great day and I am thankful for their friendship. I am so glad they are close by!

The week continued to keep me busy. Wednesday is cake practice day since my class is at night. I prepare my cake and icings during the morning and afternoon and practice for the evening.

Thursday I met Daniel for lunch. I do enjoy the freedom he has in his lunch hour. The time together is nice since he has been so busy with homework and class. It has always been good weather so I pack us a lunch and we eat outside on picnic tables. I plan on doing this at least twice a week since Daniel and I both enjoy it so much.

Friday I had the pleasure of having some ladies over for lunch. We had a pasta and salad lunch and just enjoyed each others company in the afternoon. It was a nice way to end the week.

Friday night was date night and we tried a new restaurant. It was Chinese food night, and I am always happy with Asian food. The place was yummy and had very good prices. We ended up renting a movie and snuggling at home later that night. Very great date night.

Saturday we met up with another group of friends and had a cookout at Carmel beach. It is such a nice beach. Anyone who visits us we will be sure to take down there. We enjoyed the lazy evening and the fire. Here is my messy picture that I decided looked cool enough to put up. The fire ended up getting a lot bigger as we got cooler, but this was just the right size for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.


This week started off well. I had another doctors appointment on Monday and was reminded again that I really like my doctor. Everything is looking great. I am feeling good and Violet seems to be chugging along. I can't believe I am 33 weeks today. This pregnancy has gone so smoothly. God has really blessed our family. I am in awe that she will be here so soon, Lord willing. We are continuing to prepare ourselves for this life change. What an exciting time!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their August. It is speeding by here.


Much Love!

2 comments:

Appollo Schloss said...

I am so happy to see prego maryn!! I love the old time pic., mike and i also enjoy those.

Lolly said...

So much fun! I am so glad that you are able to see Amaya and Jo so often - it is great that you can rekindle that friendship after a few years! I am glad that you are getting to see more of the state too.

...I can't believe it - she is going to be here so soon!! I better get knitting :D