Monday, March 15, 2010

Time with Nonni and Papa

Well, things are getting back to normal here after my parents returned to Maryland this weekend. We had such a nice time with them and always look forward to the next visit together. Violet, of course, was the main event. After they left Violet kept looking around for "her people". You know, those adoring arms that hold her at the slightest whimper and the constant passing of baby between Nonni and Papa. I think they had a great time too. My family is full of baby addicts. I know, I am one of them. Over the past two days we've gotten Violet used to not being held 24/7 so I think she is almost off her Violet, the movie-star, high. :) It was a sweet time for all of us. I love seeing my parents with her.


Papa after getting in from the airport.



We had a nice time enjoying the area. Thankfully the weather was better for us the second week when my Dad arrived. (First week was rain almost every day.) We spent some time outdoors and even had a fire in the fire pit one night.


Violet all set for an evening by the fire. (Hat compliments of my dear friend Amaya.)


Daddy getting the fire all nice and big.



Nonni snuggling with Vi.



Papa, in a rare time without Vi. :)



One night, before my Dad arrived, my Mom babysat for us and we had a double date with the Reynolds. We unfortunately don't have any photos of the evening, but we had a wonderful night at a delicious restaurant in downtown Monterey. Such a sweet time. Thanks for making the evening so special Jake, Christie and Mom!


Nonni reading to Vi. I love to hear my Mom read to children...so many cute voices and sound effects.


Cuddle time.


Lounging time for Vi in her bathrobe from Auntie Sarah and Uncle Andrew. Who knew they made baby robes? Too cute! She looks happy.


Speaking of Auntie Sarah and Uncle Andrew...We get to see them this weekend!!! Woohoo!!

We are headed up to San Francisco for the weekend. They are flying in and spending a couple days up there seeing the sights and we asked if we could join them. We are sharing a room at a nice hotel in downtown San Fran. This will be quite an adventure. It will be wonderful to see the family, but it will also be interesting to see how Violet does with her first big night away from home trip. I am hoping we all get sleep. We will see. My prayer is for patience and a peaceful night. I am already running through the logistics of the trip especially for the evenings. She sleeps well through the night here. We will see how she does in a hotel room. Sarah and Andrew please bear with us!

We are excited to have them stay with us after the weekend. They will catch up on any lost sleep here hopefully. :)

This week Daniel finishes this school quarter and has a week off of class next week. We will get to spend our time with Andrew and Sarah and then Daniel leaves on Thursday the 25th to go to a conference in Los Angeles. The Ligonier Conference is being held at Grace Church and Daniel is attending. We are both so excited for him to get to sit under some great teaching that weekend.

Lots going on here! March is already half-way gone. Goodness me, how time flies. Thank you for such a sweet visit Mom and Dad. We look forward to June.

4 comments:

Nonni said...

Love your posts of our trip! We had such a good time and really miss you all.

Sandy said...

Oh My, Vi is so precious in her pink robe! Glad you had such a good time with family...

Mom G. said...

Great post,Maryn...what a fun time with your folks being able to come out to CA to visit and love up on Violet. I like that cute robe, too.

Lolly said...

That robe picture cracks me up! She looks so comfy and cute. I am so excited for Sarah and Andrew to get there :D ...and of course, I can't wait to come out again too... need to figure out a time!

Love all the photos with mom and dad. Looks like it was so much fun :)

YEA! San Fran is gonna be great! Can't wait to see photos from that!