Thursday, January 13, 2011

Learning the Ways...

I am learning the ways of the coupon masters. I have studied under several jedi but now I am finally taking the course towards my own destiny...

Okay, enough Star Wars jargon.

 I am starting to really enjoy the coupon/bargain hunting. I have established rules that I will not set out on a shopping trip unless I need at least 50% of what I am hoping to buy so as to not get carried away with the rush of adrenaline that comes with saving loads of bucks.


These are a couple CVS trips I have run.

$47 for this trip and




$30 for this one.

Between both trips I saved over $100.

I am pretty proud. I know there are tons of amazing women out there who have cut their budgets drastically by getting the Sunday paper for the coupons, and printed coupons offline. I aim to put a nice dent in our food, toiletries, and baby budget.

Here's to a good start!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Very good, Grasshopper! You are learning the ways of the great Bargain Shopper ;0)

ps-I have strep.Boo.

Diane from Mo said...

That is great...I want to learn that but don't really have/want to take the time yet...a lady up here I know is great at it and saves tons.... Great job...maybe I can learn a few tips from you one of these days! It is so exciting to know you saved money!

Lolly said...

I was recently listening to a radio segment about this - I think there is a new show on TLC or something... it is incredible how much you can save... I got into it a bit when we were first married, but I don't do it as much anymore. Nice job on saving all the $$, sis ;)

Appollo Schloss said...

Strong work, some day I hope to become a brave warrior like you! :)

Shelley Mathiot said...

I tried using coupons, but found that the stuff I buy is usually not featured. I mean whole milk, rice, potatoes, fruit....usually the coupons are for processed foods. I do try to get stuff on sale though. The other day I stocked up on chicken when it was on sale. We have a freezer now, so I can buy larger quantities of frozen pizza. Yay!

Jenny said...

Yay for coupons and savings! Call me a FPU Nerd, but we actually have a spreadsheet with our yearly accumulated coupon savings :) Of course the key is to only buy what you need, but that is the fun part...just like bargain shopping!