Friday, January 07, 2011

Christmas Time Part 1

This year we spent Christmas Eve at church for a night of music and readings. It was a special service and I had the joy of conducting a choir put together just for the evening. I was quite nervous about the whole ordeal but eventually got the hang of it over several rehearsals. I am thankful the choir just wanted to sing and didn't mind my choral directing deficiencies. We had a social time afterward that wrapped the night up beautifully.

Violet got all dolled up for the evening.

On Christmas morning we took our time just lounging around and eating breakfast. We did not have to worry about Violet waking us up early this year for presents. I hope that is something we will not ever have to worry about. We will see.

We opened gifts from my side of the family on Christmas Eve day. My family was all together in Maryland opening gifts that night so it made it our afternoon. We got on the webcam and shared that time together. I really enjoyed it and I know Violet and Daniel did too. It was a sweet, unexpected surprise.

Christmas morning we opened gifts from each other and Daniel's side of the family.

 Here is Violet with her new fleece blanket from Aunt Deb and Uncle Gary. We (even Daniel and I) have already used it several times. Thank You!

I saw this sucker and had to get it. So much fun!

Violet received all kinds of special toys and gifts and we are thankful for everyone's gifts. We have enjoyed them all.


Later that afternoon we had our neighbors and other friends from church over for dinner.
Here we are after clean-up.

The gentleman enjoying their beverages.


After talking it over with these wise families with children we decided to drive to Arizona that evening instead of the planned next morning. They were all encouraging us to drive during the night so Vi would get more sleep. Well, they were right. We left that night around 8:45 and drove until 3am or so. We spent the night at Edwards Air Force Base in southern California and we were so thankful for getting the trip halfway done in the night. I know Vi appreciated it as well. She slept almost the whole way.

1 comment:

Appollo Schloss said...

Glad you had a lovely Holiday!