Friday, October 01, 2010

Visit with Poppa

We are enjoying our time with Poppa, my Dad. He was returning to Maryland after his summer working in Alaska and he stopped through our little part of California. We are happy he is here for a visit however brief. He couldn't be on the west coast without a little Violet lovin'!

Wednesday night I picked him up at the airport in San Jose...Yes, I know the way to San Jose. :)
He is able to stay with us until Saturday morning. Vi and him have already taken to each other and she reaches out for him regularly. It makes for a happy house. (Lately Vi has been super, I mean SUPER, clingy.) I am thankful she has welcomed Poppa into her circle of trust.

We enjoyed warm weather yesterday so we spent a good deal of time outside. Today is still undecided. It is an overcast morning and is looking to be a chilly day. We don't have any structured plans for the day, just time together.

Just waking up from naptime.


Yeah for Poppa!

On the couch with Poppa and Smokey the Bear. My Dad works for the Forest Service and I found this little bear at a consignment store a few months ago. Smokey has been waiting for this photo opportunity for some time now. :)




Dad also came bearing many gifts. We have tons of new Alaska gear. Thanks Dad! But we also acquired a new toy. Lauren, my sister, and her husband visited Dad in Alaska this summer and left a fantastic DSLR camera with him to capture some great shots of AK. Well, capture he did and now I get to play with it for a little while in hopes of purchasing it from them. They are both avid photographers and have two other cameras as well. The are not deprived for now.

I am so super excited to be able to play with it and learn more about photography. I am happy to have it in time for Vi's birthday celebration. More about that to come...

For now, some great shots of us. It is all the camera's doing...no knowledge of what I am doing yet.


Oscar, saying hello.


Hi Folks!

 The Daddy


The Momma

More to come about the little get-together this weekend for Violet's birthday. Hopefully, it is warmer weather on Saturday. We will want to be outside. I will post pictures of the day.

Love y'all!


6 comments:

CLR said...

Sweet, sweet pictures of you guys. I'm glad your dad is there. Enjoy your time!

Keri Ronk said...

Maryn! You look so pretty! I miss you tons! I cant wait to hear about how Vi's bday went!! Love you guys!

Is Violet teething clingy?

Anonymous said...

Great pics of all the family except "she who shall remain unnamed" She must be in a snit and did not feel in the mood for the papparazzi . So glad that Pops is getting along with Vi. Miss You! XO omma/Noni

Mom G. said...

Love your new pictures and write up about Toni visiting and the camera. I too, am looking forward to Violet's party pictures.
Thanks for updating us on all the happenings in Monterey.

Maryn said...

Still no teeth. I keep blaming the clinginess on teething but no other changes in attitude or her physical state. Our little toothless wonder. :)

Thanks for the sweet comments. It has been a sweet visit.

Meli was moving around too much to have her photo taken so she will have to be captured later...

Lolly said...

I feel bad that I got so far behind on the blog! I am thrilled that you are enjoying the camera - it is fun to play with, and you have some great things to photograph! :D Much love, sis~