Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter Thoughts

My mom made this dress for Violet and brought it with her on her recent visit. I loved it so much I proclaimed it her Easter dress. My sister, Lauren, decided to knit her a shrug to go over it that will keep Violet warm yet still show the sweet yo-yos my Mom sewed on the bodice. I am one thankful family member; thankful for my family's craftiness and thankful for their generosity. Violet looks lovely in her outfit!

My prayer is that what we wear when we come together for corporate worship will be honoring to our God. We are to focus on our Lord and what He has done, not on what we are wearing.  That being said I am very thankful for the dress for sweet Violet and hope that how we dress and take care of her is God-honoring.


May everyone have a joyous Easter as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior!

His amazing love keeps me in awe...


He left his Father's throne above
(so free, so infinite his grace!),
Humbled himself
(so great his love!),
And bled for all his chosen race.
'Tis mercy all, immense and free;
for O, my God, it found out me.

Amazing love! How can it be
That thou, my God, shouldst die for me? 

5 comments:

Melissa said...

She looks so sweet, and big! I miss you guys.

Mom G. said...

Well said, Maryn.
She looks radiant in her new Easter dress and shrug.
We miss you all and send our love today,...this special day celebrating the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus.

CLR said...

He is risen indeed! Happy, happy Easter sweet family.

Meghan said...

I just love that song! Amen!

Appollo Schloss said...

She is beautiful!