Thursday, January 28, 2010

4 Months Old Today

The Lord blessed us with Violet 4 months ago. It is still amazing to think she is our child. We are so blessed to have her in our family. She brings such joy.


A rare grin for the camera:


I can't wait until she hams it up for the camera like she does for her Daddy. He sure knows how to get the grins out of her. It is either Daddy or putting her on the changing table. She gets super chatty and smiley on the changing table. I just play with her on there for a while sometimes.

A typical pose for the camera:


She is still too small for the johnny-jump-up. Daniel was eager to get it out and try. You can barely see her little arms. She is supposed to be able to rest her arms on the sides of the pouch. We have a little growing to do first before we pull that thing back out.



Daddy was getting her attention to the side for this picture. She doesn't like her bouncy chair as much anymore. She prefers to sit in her bumbo or be propped up on the couch like this. Every time I sit her in the bouncy chair she tries to sit up and it looks like she will pull the chair over on top of her. We use the bumbo mostly.


She gets a good amount of time out and about. On Tuesdays we go to my Bible study where she sits in on the study. She is so well-behaved. I don't feel like a distraction. I am thankful the ladies in my study don't mind a few gurgles and coos every once in a while. On Wednesdays we go to a friend's house and enjoy time with her and her sons. She has a 2 year old and a newborn. Violet enjoys looking at her newborn and the moms enjoy the time together as well.

We try to take regular walks when it isn't raining and Violet really loves to stare up at the trees. She can seem disinterested if we are walking under blue sky, but then if she sees trees she opens her mouth and gazes up. We enjoy the time walking together and I talk her ears off. I may look like a crazy lady talking to my baby in her stroller but I tell her about everything we are seeing. I enjoy it. It has kind of developed into a thankful prayer to God for His amazing creation.

Daniel is staying busy with classes but we enjoy our evenings cuddling Vi and eating dinner slowly. (That is our new challenge, to eat slowly and savor every bite.) We even try to put our utensils down between bites. It leaves more time for conversation.

We are going out with a classmate of Daniel's tomorrow and his fiance. I have no worries about Violet's behavior when we go out. She really is such a good baby. We are so thankful for her.

These 4 months have flown by and I know the next 4 will as well. They have been so special!

6 comments:

Noni said...

Precious Violet!!!!

G.Ma Good said...

Happy 4th month birthday, Violet. You bring joy to all of us. God has sent you for a great purpose in His sovereign plan.

Sandy said...

OMGoodnes!! I think I've said that before when I saw new photos of Baby Vi, she is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

She clearly has had the "Scherer smile" passed down to her from her Daddy, as evidenced in pictures 2 and 3. Looks like good progress to rid her of that, evidenced by pictures 1 and 4. Keep up the good work!
-Ev

Lolly said...

These pictures are so fun! My my, four months have just motored by! :D

Appollo Schloss said...

She is growing so fast. She looks so sweet I want to nibble her cheeks. I use to walk and talk to Shiloh like you do with Violet, now she talks to me on our walks.