Monday, January 11, 2010

12 Things About Us!

My sister recently posted a "12 Things You Don't Know About Me" on her own lovely blog, and tagged her readers to do the same. I thought I would change it around a bit for our family. I will include things about all 3 of us.


12 Things You May Not Know About Us

12) I (Maryn) haven't been really excited about cooking new things lately, but I am hoping to change that soon. I think it has been a combination of baby activity and a smaller kitchen. Neither one are that good of reasons especially the second one. So I am pulling out all the cookbooks and magazine recipes I have ripped out and making a grocery list and possibly even a menu. I have been telling myself a menu would help kindle the flame to cook, so I will aim to try it this year!

11) Daniel and I still have a hard time doing different things in our free time. This weekend we made lists of things to do, we are major list people, and some of them were things we needed to do individually. It was difficult. We like each other's company a lot.

10) We have a little yard gnome in our front entry that greets people when they come in, if they look down to see him. It is an inside joke with my parents and Daniel. He was supposed to take pictures with it when he traveled, but I think the gnome is a little big and Daniel didn't get any photos in Japan, Korea, Thailand or the Philippines. He has traveled quite a bit outside of Iraq and Afghanistan.

9) Violet slept 9 hours straight two nights in a row! Woohoo!! Praise the Lord!

8) Daniel and I really like Costco. We got a membership in November and it is so good we have a well-planned budget because it is easy to go crazy in there!

7) We really like to have people over to our house. I mean really. Not only do we enjoy getting to know other people better and have fun, but we like seeing each other as host and hostess. We work together well when we have people over and it makes the time even more fun!

6) Vi loves to push up on her legs and stand straight up. She is getting stronger everyday and it is amazing to watch her grow and learn. She sits up in her Boppy when she feels like bending at the waist. Ha. You know what I mean if you've been around babies. They want to keep their body straight and just slide out of any chair you want them to sit in...

5) Daniel bikes to school and most of the time actually looks forward to it. I am so thankful for that; that it is enjoyable enough to do everyday and if he happens to not want to one day he gets the bus or uses the car. He bikes about 12 miles a day. We are planning for me to get a bike soon as well so we will be a biking family. We already have the trailer for Vi Pie. It is very bike friendly around here, lots of trails and bike lanes on the roads.

4) When Oscar and Meli, the kitty-cats, wrestle they tend to start with a slow spat where Oscar licks Meli's head for as long as she can tolerate it. Then they begin a full wrestle. It is very bizarre and funny to watch.

3) We may have a strawberry blonde on our hands. In the sunlight, Violet's hair looks to have a red tint to it. We are excited to see what it will look like...Grow hair grow!

2) My great uncle attended NPS, the same school Daniel is at, in the 70s and studied none other than, Computer Science. He is a retired Navy Captain...quite a career.

1) We are planning a trip to see everyone this next summer. So gear up for a Good visit!


Tag, You're IT!!

4 comments:

Lolly said...

Oh fun! I am glad that you took up the challenge! :D it was fun to read. I think that is super great about the biking family... it is very bike-friendly out there with flat roads and wide shoulders. Funny... between you and Mom talking about Costco, I still have never stepped into one.

Love the idea of a strawberry blondie! :D

Mom G./G.Ma Good said...

Hope she is a strawberry blonde like her G.Ma's hair used to be.

Your new cooking enthusiasm sounds great....new recipes are fun to try and makes eating them something to look forward to at the meal. I just wish we could zap the food and make it calorie free or 1/4 the calories...just enough to live on. Maybe some scientist is working on this right now.

Shelley Mathiot said...

Hey you guys! We played a similar game at a baby shower this weekend. It was called two truths and a lie. You had to tell everyone two true things about you and tell one lie. People had to guess which one was the lie. By the way, we are taking a trip in June. I need your email or your parents'. email me at mathiots6@suddenlink.net.

Appollo Schloss said...

That was fun to read, thanks for sharing.