Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Journey Part II/ We Have Arrived!

Our last few days have been centered on driving. Friday we took off for Oklahoma City. Knowing we had a shorter day of driving, we stopped by the Penske truck shop to check out the air-conditioner that was acting up. I am so thankful we did. The man fixed our air-conditioner, a fan problem, and as we were driving out of the parking lot the anti-lock brake light came on. After the mechanic fixed that problem he noticed a flat tire on our trailer holding our car. Praise the Lord we stopped by that shop. If we had continued we would have been stuck with a couple of bad problems most-likely on the side of the road in the deserts of Arizona. There are very few and far between stops in the southwest. Believe me I had to limit my liquid intake drastically just to make it to our next stop. God had His hand directly over us the entire journey. Here is Archie, our mechanic, and Daniel after everything was fixed.



Saturday night was Albuquerque, New Mexico and Sunday night was Barstow, California. We stayed on military lodges all three nights and had three great stays. I am always thankful for the military.

Monday morning we left Barstow early and arrived in Monterey early afternoon. It is beautiful. I cannot wait to explore more of it with Daniel. All the anticipation and dreaming of what it will be like and here we are getting ready to start this ride.

Daniel is doing all his checking in and military requirements this morning. I decided to stay here in the room. I knew I would have just been in the car most of the time while he filled out forms and such. We have a third floor room with a gorgeous view of the bay and the weather is cool 63 degrees. The windows are open and it feels wonderful knowing we don't have to drive a long distance today. I was very ready to be done with the Penske truck rides. It has been a good truck for us and Daniel handled it well. He is an excellent driver and remained alert on the road the entire trip from coast to coast. We just have to get into our home and drop it off to be done with it. Whew! DITY moves are a lot of work with this distance. I am thinking it will be worth it in the long run though.


Thank you again for all your prayers concerning our journey. We are safely here. Now I just can't wait to get some photo shots of this lovely area.

We are running errands this afternoon and then sharing dinner with my friend Jo and her family tonight. The Marine Corps brought Jo and I together in Hawaii and it has brought us together again. I look forward to spending time with her here in California.

I plan on posting some pictures soon. Thanks for reading all this. I know it was a long couple of posts.


Much Love

5 comments:

Keri Ronk said...

Maryn! I am so glad that you updated with how your trip went! I am so thankful that it went well! I cant wait to see pictures of Monterey! I am sure that it is just beautiful! Love you much!

Christy said...

Thanks so much for the updates. It's great to read what you've been up to. Love you!!

Emma said...

Maryn,
So glad to know your trip went well and you have arrived safely! I would like to call, but don't want to do it too soon. I know that just because you're there, doesn't mean it's time to relax yet!

Mom G. said...

Maryn,
PTL, you made it all that way. I give God the Glory for all His care for you both on this long trip.
We look forward to your calls and blog posts about your days ahead.
You are always in our prayers.
Our love, Mom G.

Lolly said...

You made it safely!
So glad you could reconnect with Jo and her family too - that is wonderful. I really can't wait to visit :) ...but you already knew that!