Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Moving Week

It has been awhile, but it hasn't been due to my laziness. It is moving week here...well it has been moving month here, but that is beside the point. We have been finishing up our packing this week and just have a couple more boxes to go.



It is hard to believe we are leaving already. I am preparing myself mentally everyday, but things keep creeping up on me and making me sad, like my hydrangea bush in full bloom making me already miss working in the the yard this year. I know there will be another flower bed to work on in California. I need to focus on the right kind of thinking. God has this planned for us and He is in control.

Well, now that my personal pep-talk is done I will fill you in on the past few weeks blessings.

Daniel had a change-of-command at work and I was able to attend. He spoke to his unit and here are a few pictures from the day.




And one of us afterward:



Later that weekend we enjoyed the Cherry Point airshow with Jim, Jenny and David. Jim flew in the airshow as part of a demonstration so we wanted to show our support.





I was spoiled rotten on Sunday when the ladies from Berean threw our family a baby shower. The theme for the shower was children's books and Melia decorated with a bedtime story theme. It was very cute.



I didn't have any group photos but this weekend we will be having a potluck after church so I will be sure to take some photos of our church family there.



The LINKS ladies also threw me a wonderful shower at a local Mexican restaurant. They know me well. I love Mexican! We had a special time playing games and sharing childhood memories. Thanks Maria for all your work put into it!

Here are some photos from the night.










Before:









After:



I was overwhelmed by every one's generosity. I really was not expecting such an out pour of gifts. I had figured it would be a great get-together/send off. The ladies blessed us immensely.



We have had some other good times with friends the last couple of weeks. Game time at the Steels, pizza night at Bill and Sandy's house, last Sunday night at the Paynes, all these great friends we look forward to seeing in the future on earth as well as in heaven.



I am meeting some ladies for one last hoorah at Baker's Square for breakfast tomorrow. I know it will be a sweet time.



I hope to write again soon, but I do not know for sure when. I will continue taking photos and post eventually. Thank you for all you support and help these last few weeks as we have packed and prepared. You all are so special to us both.

5 comments:

Keri Ronk said...

I cant believe that you are really moving. I had myself fooled into thinking that all of us would continue to live here and that nothing would ever change other than our ever expanding bellies. :) I will miss you both greatly but I am so excited for this new adventure across the country that you get to enjoy! I am so thankful that God blessed me by bringing you into my life. I love you much!

p.s. you better blog alot when you reach the west coast!!!

Mom G. said...

What nice shower gifts you have already. You have such good friends and church family that you will miss. As I said in my last email, you are venturing into another chapter in the life God has given you both to live...as a witness for Him when you touch the lives of those you encounter. It is an adventure. Thanks for sharing your last events and those photos during this busy time.

Momma said...

Oh, sweetie...you will broaden your roll of friends, but this is the tough part of moving. THe saying goodbye is never easy and always tear-ridden. You had such good friends because you were a good friend, (no name pun intended.)

Now the hard part begins. The keeping up is up to you and the friend that you left behind. The joy with your military friends is looking forward to living close again.

You are in our prayers. XXOO

Sandy said...

I miss you guys already!!And you just left this morning!

Lolly said...

what wonderful generosity and good will! lovely gifts - and some really funny ones! I actually got you the same board book thinking that Daniel would love it... I guess I have to find another person to give it to with a quirky sense of humor :P

so glad you are blogging again! keep it coming, babe :D