Monday, May 11, 2009

It's a Girl!

We went to our ultrasound appointment on Friday and were delighted to find out we are having a little girl. What a blessing!

When the technician announced it I immediately started crying with joy which included laughter and definite belly movement thus the visual image started bouncing. My cries were disturbing our baby's picture. Ha! I composed my self enough to breathe softly, but it is such a delight being able to see the baby in motion while she is still inside .

I was not expecting a girl. I know everyone says it is always a 50/50 chance, but I had really thought it would be a boy considering the male dominance in Daniel's family. We had narrowed more boy's names down and I had started thinking nursery colors and themes. It was a great surprise to have to shift my thinking.

I was especially thankful for Friday because my Dad and sister were able to join us in the ultrasound room to view the baby girl. My Mom, Dad, Sarah and Andrew were all able to come down here on Thursday night to spend the weekend. It was a dear time. It was relaxing, yet we got a great deal of packing done. We also were just able to enjoy each others company with some game and movie time, two of my favorite pastimes. Thank you for making it down here family!

Well, Daniel is off of work this week so we are packing in as many projects as we can. He is currently working on some small electrical things around the house that needed checking on. No need to worry. He is incredibly cautious and has labeled everything correctly on the breaker box.

We are currently thinking of names for our baby girl, so feel free to comment and share some names. It may help us out...even the goofy ones. It may get the wheels in our head turning a different way. Yes, I know our last name is fun one to play with as well.

Ya'll have a great week. I will post pictures of the baby soon.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

How about Guidoina? Guidoette? Goes well with Good, don't you think!?

Congrats to you both, we love you and know you are going to be awesome parents!

Sandy and Bill

Mike Soh said...

HOLY MOLY! YOU'RE HAVING A BABY?!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Keri Ronk said...

I still vote for Violet!!

CLR said...

We are so excited for you guys! Praise the Lord!!