Monday, October 02, 2006

Getting Accustomed

This past week kept both Daniel and me busy. Daniel was on the range the entire week. He leaves the house around 5am so it is an early morning every morning. The hour drive to work and back is finally getting to be habit for him and me. He usually calls before he leaves or as he is leaving Le Jeune and we can time when he will be home for supper.

Last Tuesday they had some shooting at night so he stayed over in Jacksonville. He has a place he can stay whenever they need to stay late or wake up extra early. I am glad he doesn't have to drive back during those times. He is tired enough from the early mornings here. He still does a great job of getting things done once he gets home at night. He is too good with my feelings to just plop down when he gets home and zone out. (I know I would want to do that on some days.) He is a pretty wonderful husband...

Last week I met up with Stephanie, a mutual friend of my friend Jo in Hawaii. When Jo found out we were moving here she connected me with Steph so we could get to know each other. Well, Stephanie has been a perfect connection for many reasons, one being she is an absolute doll. She is very kind and considerate and I have enjoyed all my conversations with her. I was looking forward to having some time in person to get to know her better.

Secondly, her husband is a Marine also and it turns out that he is doing the same training that Daniel is doing right now and they are both deploying this winter for a year. I cannot express how good it is to connect with another wife who is going through the exact same feelings I am right now.

We went out on Wednesday and did some shopping and then had lunch together. We had a great time chatting and sharing our emotions about this upcoming deployment. I am not in the exact same boat as her because they have three dear children. She has to cope with the family while her husband is gone. I hope I can be of any help to her during this time.

I am hoping this relationship with continue to grow as we get closer to deployment so we can be supportive friends for each other.

Friday evening Daniel had to work late and return to the range on Saturday morning so I met him in Jacksonville for the evening. He had gotten tickets to this Broadway review show being done on base. We had a great time at dinner and the show. It was a perfect date night. I even had a chance to chat with the director of the production about auditioning for the group. I just emailed her asking about a time and place for auditions so I will fill ya'll in when I know more.

Saturday and Sunday my girlfriend Katy came down for a visit. We spent Saturday in Morehead City and Atlantic Beach. We did some shopping then walked on the beach for a while. It was an absolutly beautiful day. The weather was just perfect. Saturday evening we met up with Daniel and a friend of Katy's for dinner at a yummy seafood restaurant. It was a great ending to a wonderful day.

Sunday we went to church again and had a nice lunch at home before Katy had to leave to get back to her regular schedule to prepare for her week. She is a 5th grade teacher in Virginia, and a darn good one at that. I am quite proud to call myself her friend. She is a special chica.

Today has been a little bit of a yucky day for me. I woke up did some things around the house and then went to the gym. When I was driving back from the gym I started getting very nauseous. I thought it just must have been working out too hard or the motion of the car, but sure enough when I got home I got sick. I have been weak and yuck feeling since I got home. I am hoping I am not coming down with something.

Last time I posted for some reason it wouldn't let me post pictures. It is looking like it will not let me this time either. I am going to have to investigate after I post this.

Have a good week family and friends!

1 comment:

jami said...

i hope you feel better! and i hope you are enjoying NC...maybe you guys can come up to see the show, when your mom and dad do! Thats awesome about maybe starting something with the Theatre at Lejune, i've seen a few shows out there before, they always do a great job! talk to you later! :)