Friday, October 06, 2006

Fall Days

Thank you for your thoughts and calls. I am feeling better. It was just a day of feeling under the weather. I don't know what caused it, but I am happy it is over.

The day after the last post I decided to finally get some bulbs in the ground in our front yard. The mailbox was a perfect place to make a new flower bed. I dug up the sod and turned the soil for some bulbs. You can't tell now, but come spring this bed should be full of daffodils and grape hyacinths. I also planted a small planter with full size multi-color hyacinths. I am looking forward to seeing the blossoms come spring.
It should make for a colorful season.

Daniel and I bought another bookcase. We seem to always have a need for more book storage. I know it is nothing like the book lovers in our family, Daniel's Dad, and Lolly, my sister. They have more of a collection, but we definitely have a start on our own library. As we were putting it together Meli thought she would help out by laying on the directions. She has a fascination with laying on paper or plastic. It must just be a different texture than normal, or she knows it is something that is not going to stay there for a long time so she better get her chance to sit on it then. She is a mess!
Excuse the devilish eyes. I have a hard time getting her yellow eyes at night, of course because of the flash...

We have hung more pictures and put more items in there final place. It takes a bit of rearranging and that is part of the fun of the new home. I know I should not focus on our material possessions, but I am very thankful to finally have them.

Yesterday I decided to be a tourist in our town. I enjoy taking the camera on outings. I mostly hit downtown historic New Bern and did some antique shopping. There are several places on the main road to slip in and shop around. I am not planning a major purchase. I just like looking and thinking about how an item could work in a house, not necessarily our home. I have to know about these places so when my my mother-in-law comes she can scope them out with me. She is an antique-lover as well and she is much more knowledgable about the items than I am; a great shopping buddy.
Here is the old First Baptist Church built in 1809. It has a huge wooden door and beautiful iron gate wrapped around the grounds.
Here is the street light decorated with flags for this next weekends MumFest in New Bern. I don't know what it will entail but there is a lot of hype for it. We may go...
And here I am walking the streets of New Bern on a perfect fall day.

I hope to take some pictures of Daniel this weekend. I know I haven't posted any of him lately and he is too cute to keep off this blog!

Have a great weekend. We are taking the weekend easy. Who knows something may come up, but it will be nice for Daniel to relax after the busy week's schedule. His day consists of waking up early, going to work, coming home, running, eating dinner, then doing a few things around the house before he crashes or I make him go to bed. It makes for a strict schedule so the freedom of the weekend is very welcoming.

I am off to the gym. It is arms day!

Love Ya'll

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful weekend with you two and Sarah. You have done a good job with the house and have made a very comfy home! XXOO