Monday, April 25, 2011

12 Years Ago...

12 Years ago, back when I was a sophomore in high school and Daniel was finishing his plebe year at the Academy, we started liking each other. It was past the point of just thinking he was cute and him enjoying coming to my parents house for a weekend away from USNA. We had our first kiss.Well, we were smitten and only God knew that 12 years later we would be married and expecting a second baby. 


Here we are trying to use the last of our film before we went to develop our 35mm. This is still one of our favorites taken by some random person in the parking lot.

What a blessing these 12 years have been having Daniel in my life. He has been a constant encouragement to me in his desire to do what is right. What a dear man to be married to! Little did I know at 15 years old that he was the one I would marry and spend my life with, but at times I wished for it even then. I knew he was kind and could always make me laugh. He was (and is) considerate, thoughtful, patient, focused and dedicated to his Lord, family and friends. There were times in these 12 years that we were not together, but I think those times strengthened our relationship.


We have many wonderful memories of our early years together and our marriage has been even sweeter. God has been so kind to us!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary!! and many more....

Maryn said...

Well, it is the anniversary of our first kiss, not our wedding. :) Just in case I wasn't clear...

Goodfellows said...

Maryn, that is hilarious! Mine and Gary's (first kiss anniversary) was the 22nd, but I was too embarrassed to put it on my blog!! haha ;-)

Goodfellows said...

Loved reading your story and seeing the pics too!

Mom G. said...

Maryn,We are so happy God's providence put our families together in Roswell,NM, when your sweet family was Everett's NMMI host family. Looking back you see God's hand again moving your family to Maryland, close to USNA, and then your first kiss. God had this wonderful union of you two planned from the beginning. God is "very good". Happy "first kiss" anniversary.

Miss Haley said...

awwww <3__<3

Anonymous said...

Yuk, Yuk , Yuk, Yuk..Young love is for the young.
Love ya and guess who.

Maryn said...

Nancy Pelosi? Is that you?

Jenny said...

<3 you two look so sweet in that first picture, oh memories :)