Monday, December 06, 2010

MD Visit and Cousin's Wedding

A few weeks ago Violet and I flew back to Maryland for a visit with family. We stayed several days at my parent's home and Sarah and Andrew came up to visit while we were there. Violet and I visited Lauren and Kris at work the first full day in Maryland and that was a real treat.





Vi enjoyed the snuggles.


Violet with her Nonni, learning how to use the shape sorter.


Uncle Andrew flying Violet around in a box. :)


While we were back east we drove down to Alabama for some time with my aunt, uncle and cousins. We spent several days in the forest where they have a cozy place just right for getting "away from it all". We loved it. Violet got to see several different kinds of animals and ride around on a mule (not the animal, the motorized cart kind) for a tour of the forest. She really enjoyed it. My aunt borrowed a walker for her to play in while we were there and Vi really got the hang of it. By the time we had to leave she was running in it and lifting her legs so she could continue moving in it...really fun to watch!

Violet with her Great Uncle Jimmy. He is my Dad's older brother. Vi is blowing kisses in the picture. That won over a few hearts.


On Friday night before we drove back up to Maryland we went to my cousin's wedding. It was a sweet ceremony and reception.

Here I am with two of my cousins, Jill and Lauren. We served cake and punch.


The pretty bride, Hilary.



When we got back to Maryland we had a couple of relaxing days before we flew west to return to Daniel. We had a great visit with family!
Poppa with his Violet. She loved time with her Poppa.

He made her this cute stool. It is purple and just the right size for a little one.
Nonni and Poppa got a set of instruments for children. We enjoyed playing with them the whole time. Vi learned how to blow in the recorder and she was demonstrating as she modeled her new stool.

Thank you family for the sweet visit. I am so thankful we were able to make it back.
XXOO

2 comments:

Mom G. said...

I am so happy you got to go be with your family and attend the wedding of your cousin. What a special trip for you and Violet.

Lolly said...

It was such a wonderful treat to have you all here in November~ you'll have to let me know when Violet fits into the sweater a little better, and get some photos for me!