Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Time

We have been enjoying some warm mornings and afternoons here in lovely coastal California. I think it is about time for our late summer. The months of September and October seem to be the sunniest and warmest around here. There have been several mornings were I have put on capris and a short-sleeve top! I know it is hot here! Vi has been sporting onesies and leg warmers like its her job. :)

We are thankful for the warm weather and have been trying to soak up as much as we can. A few weeks ago we went to a friend's neighborhood pool and Vi loved the water. She was not clinging to me one bit. She wanted to face out and dip her head as close to the water as she could. We even went under a few times and no objection to that made me so proud. She was quite the water baby. If we lived in a warmer place I would be in the water with her a lot more.

This week we have a beach get-together with church. Vi won't be going in the cold Pacific but she may like to get close. We will see. She will enjoy the sand I know. :)

I am starting to show a little and clothing is becoming more constricting. I am thankful it is getting warmer too because my skirts are much more comfy on the baby belly then jeans. I'll see my doctor next Monday for the first official visit. Pretty excited to hear the baby's heart beat. Such a wonderful sound!

Here are a few snapshots from the recent days.

Getting curly!

Daily snuggles

All grins

Something sure was funny here. I had just changed her diaper and was getting her ready for bed. No need to fasten 12 buttons just to undo them again... She thought something was hilarious.

Playing on the cool grass at a friend's home.

A random picture Meghan, my sister-in-law took when her family came through here in July. I thought it was pretty funny Uncle Everett posing with a ridiculous hat and Violet only interested in eating his dog tags. She enjoyed being held by him. If only everyone wore dog tags to munch on...:)

4 comments:

Lolly said...

Oh! the curls!
I know someone else who had curls when she was a babe...

xoxo

CLR said...

I thought that was Daniel in the bottom picture with another crazy hat!
Violet is beautiful Maryn. I too love those curls.

MOM G. said...

What great pictures, Maryn. Love the one with her laughly sitting in the hall. Of course, I love the one with Daddy, Daniel, and his little girl. Keep up the good job you are doing posting pictures so often of neat and fun times you are enjoying there in CA.

Melissa said...

Baby leg-warmers... that is great! She is adorable.