Friday, June 04, 2010

5 Sweet Years

Today is our 5th anniversary. We are planning a nice quiet afternoon and evening here at our new home with the Vi Pie. Tomorrow night we are going on a double date with some dear friends to a ball at NPS. These last few weeks NPS has been closing their year-long celebration for their centennial and tomorrow night's ball is part of the closing.  We are going to get all dolled up and even get a paid babysitter.We are looking forward to the time together.

These last five years have been wonderful. I want to do a quick recap for memory purposes.
Our first anniversary Daniel had just returned from Afghanistan and we were planning our move from Hawaii to North Carolina. Before we left Hawaii, we splurged on a Hawaiian island cruise. We were able to see Maui, Kauai, and  Hawaii(the big island). We had a wonderful time exploring each island, and it was so neat to see the different islands. We went on a helicopter ride, an 8 mile hike to a secluded waterfall; we ran through some volcano craters and slept on beach chairs. It was definitely an extravagant first anniversary.

Our second anniversary Daniel was deployed to Iraq. He sent me some beautiful pictures of blooming flowers in Fallujah. He spent a while, I know, taking the pictures and printing them in color for me to enjoy. I was thankful to get flowers from where he was during our second anniversary.

Our 3rd year, we were living in North Carolina and I think we celebrated with a nice dinner out.

Our fourth anniversary we were driving from Tennessee to Missouri to visit family. We were en route to California. I was pregnant with Violet and the Penske truck carried our earthly belongings, as well as our two kitty-cats in the front with us. We were able to make it to a family reunion in Tennessee and then spend a few days with Daniel's family in MO before making the long haul to CA.

These last 5 years have been a great ride, Daniel! Thank you for your constant love and encouragement! God has blessed our marriage so richly and I am so thankful for you. I love you so much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 5 years! Love, Everett and Meghan

Momma said...

Sweet memories for a sweet couple! XXOO

Lolly said...

I can't believe it's been 5 years! I hope you all had fun last night - when I called (and we talked so briefly!) I forgot to tell you Happy Anniversary! that's what I called about :)

MOM G. said...

Happy Anniversary. Your wedding was one of the best memories I will cherish the rest of my life.
Hope you have many more

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary--only a little late as I now realize I had it down on the wrong day. I remember when we had been married 5 years, it hardly seemed any time at all and at the same time, I could hardly remember being without Larry. May you enjoy many, many years together.

Aunt Phyllis

CLR said...

Happy Anniversary you sweet people.