Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Furniture Installed...

Thank you for the kind feedback on the new blog. I hope to continue to post pictures and stories on here as I did before. Our time down here is just as important for me to remember as our time in Hawaii.

Since the last post we received our household goods. It is amazing how you can forget what you have in just a matter of 2 months. The move-in day went very smooth and we spent the rest of that evening setting up house. It was a good feeling, a little daunting at first because we had the movers unpack all the boxes and the kitchen was in absolute chaos when they left. It looked much better after a few dedicated hours of organizing. It is amazing how I can fill a kitchen even with the wonderful amount of space it has for storage!

We are happy to be sleeping in our own bed with our own pillows. Meli has not stopped reminding us of how she loves her scratch posts now that they have been reunited. She will just wrap herself around one and lie there for hours. She is adjusting just fine... :)

Daniel is on the range this week learning several new positions and techniques. Unfortunately they are going to be doing some night firing this evening and he is staying the night. He has an all day Saturday session as well. I found out that my girlfriend Katy is hopefully going to come down for the weekend. It is such a perfect weekend for her visit with Daniel busy and gone! I hope it all works out for her to come down.

We are still praying about churches down here and this past week we revisited the first church we visited here. It has got some great teaching going on and a very warm environment. We are hoping to get involved in a church sooner rather than later so Daniel can experience some of the church before he leaves.

This last Saturday I went to an all day class for Marine wives. It was mostly focused on new wives to the Marines Corp but there were several like me who have been married for a little over a year that had still not attended the class. The class is called LINKS and it is incredibly informative. It is led by volunteer wives who have the desire to help wives stay active, informed, and connected. I was able to meet some very nice ladies and actually made a nice connection with one specific one. Her husband is on a team much like Daniel that is going to deploy the end of this year. Having that in common was enough to get us chatting away, and we spent the day getting to know each other better.

After the graduation ceremony two of the instructors were encouraging me to become a mentor with LINKS. I had already been thinking about it, but there encouragement set it in my mind more firmly. I am waiting now for a call so I can be trained as a mentor. I think it will be another excellent opportunity to meet new ladies and to stay active in the Marine Corp family.

The wife who I had a special connection with called the day after and invited us over to dinner. It was so thoughtful and we enjoyed the social outing after the long days of unpacking and organizing the house. I look forward to getting to know her better.

It has been such nice weather down here and I am planning on planting my bulbs and mums before it gets too cold. I just needed the garden tools to start.

Our neighboring house is just being finished so I am excited about the new neighbors. Daniel has met them and has said they are very friendly. It should be nice having more people in our little corner of new construction. It can get kind of quiet on the end of the street where we are, that is except for construction noises.

Well, that is all for now.
Take Care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear things are going well, sweet sister! Yay for finding friends and being a mentor. I am glad to hear you are becoming involved. Wesley and I are ready to come back and see you guys. We really enjoyed our time and can't wait to see furniture in the house! xoxo